In Chinese Lunar calendar, December is one of the coldest season – Winter Solstice, Tong Zhi (冬至). It is one of the Chinese Traditional Festival which families get together. People will travel home from far to celebrate this festive. The making and eating of Tang Yuan (Glutinous Rice Balls) symbolize reunion. This is the traditional dessert being served during this get-together festive.
Its Allswell’s pleasure to share a simple 3-Step Recipe to prepare a meaningful and delicious Tang Yuan dessert for your family and loved ones.
(Serves approx. 6 pax)
- Allswell Longan Red Date - 2 bottles (1litre)
- Ginger (5 - 6 slices or as preferred)
- Glutinous Rice Balls (Tang Yuan) with fillings 20 pieces or Mini Rice Balls 80 pieces (1 pack)
- Pandan leaves (optional)
- Bring Allswell Longan Red Date to boil with sliced ginger and Pandan leaves (optional)
- Add in Glutinous Rice Balls (Tang Yuan)
- Boil soup till all the Glutinous Rice Balls (Tang Yuan) floats and its ready to serve.